Wednesday, December 21, 2005

What not to do in an interview

Get violently ill.

Well, it wasn't exactly during the interview, but I had to cut them short yesterday to avoid losing my breakfast in the wastebasket in the conference room. Uffda! This was a new experience.

Some kind of 24 hour flu bug hit me during the morning and I faded fast. Peeled out of there at 10:30 instead of noon, and got about 10 minutes away by car when I had to pull over. After about 3 of those, I drove a little more, stopped for gas, and instead of pumping the gas right away, slept in the car at the pump for 15 minutes.

When I got home I slept from 12:30 in the afternoon until 6:30 the next morning, with about an hour and a half awake in between. As of today, my fever has broken, the joints don't feel achy anymore, and food is staying down. So I got back to the HR gal and we are on for Thursday to finish up the interviews. We'll just run until 1:30 instead of noon.

Talk about embarassing...

But they were nice about it. Seem like decent people. Yesterday was with the technical people, tomorrow is with the operational people. Don't expect to hear anything from them until after 1/3, and still no word from the other company about wrapping up the last interview still needed there.

In the meantime, things continue to move forward in New England. The corporate apartment is all set up for me, and I will drive one car out there either the first trip or two weeks later. Everyone out there seems excited, and I'm getting more so every day! It really should be fun. But, these other discussions locally have to play themselves out. I suppose there's still an outside chance one of them will be compelling, but so far... nothing says so. And, the longer they take to resolve, the less likely it is that they'll be desireable enough to change anything.

My mind is getting more fixed on New England each week.

No comments:

Who links to my website?