Friday, December 23, 2005

The Picture's Becoming Clearer

Feedback this morning from yesterday and Tuesday's interviews, and it helps clarify things.

They said I interviewed well, they liked me. But at the same time as I was there for my second day of interviews, another person was there for her first day of them. The feedback given to the recruter was: "if we could have half of her and half of him... that'd be just what we want in a candidate."

So, neither of us are ideal in their minds. The other candidate is coming back after the 1st of the year for more interviews, and the hiring manager instructed the HR gal that they "want to also interview 3-4 others." None of those will even get started interviewing until the first week of January. By the end of that next week, I leave for New England, so... we simply can't wait for this one anymore. I was not close enough to what they wanted to make them stop the "routine" process and concentrate on me.

I think it's safe to say as a result that 2 of the 3 "local opportunities" are now out. The 3rd one has still not, after repeated calls from the recruiter, gotten back regarding the last interview they said they needed to make a decision. Granted, I am the only person they were looking at for that job, but nothing will happen now until after 1/1. It would have to move like lightning to be resolved in time. It could, but I can't see that happening given how they've handled it so far.

My plan now is to leave for New England, driving one car there, the afternoon of 1/13. It's getting more clear all the time that there's nothing definite enough here to keep me from going ahead with the move East.

No comments:

Who links to my website?