Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Start Date

January 16, 2006.

Just as my severance is running out. Good timing.

They are happy to have me in New England! I'm glad they're excited about it. Now it's my turn to get excited. It might take a while, but I'm starting to get there. I wish I could pick everyone up I know and love here, and just plant them all in New England, so the transition wouldn't be so dramatic and stressful.

But, get over it! And, get over yourself! Dive in and get moving! It'll get easier. It has to.

I'm thinking I'll drive one car out there right off. It must be about a 3 day drive, from what I remember from the last time. Wonder where they'll put me up? A Residence Inn or something? Those aren't so bad - breakfasts and dinners are there for you daily in the main lounge area, and they have exercise and laundry facilities...

I asked the recruiter today to inform them (sometime soon) about my desire for a place to sit that doesn't get sunshine much. Too hot! I wonder if they'll just laugh. If they do, I'll tell them it's the thyroid medicine I take and do you want an ADA claim on your hands? :) Well, maybe not. But when I was there for interviews, in the offices with southern exposure it was absolutely roasting! I'd never get any work done. I'd have to go walking around to see people in the afternoons...

Hardwood floors again! I love that about New England. I'm eager to start reviewing the housing market to see what's out there with a reasonable commute.

Parking! Shoot. I'll have to have the recruiter get some numbers to call about renting a monthly spot in a garage nearby. The subsidized parking has a 2 year waiting list. Maybe this time we'll stay out there that long! :)

The recruiter is still urging me to continue with the local interviews, especially with the longer start date giving us more time to get resolution. I still don't see anything coming from them, but the possibility has to be ruled out to everyone's satisfaction before we can move on, so - I'll have them next week.

But, one way or another, I'm employed as of 1/16. Yay!

No comments:

Who links to my website?