Friday, December 16, 2005

Phone Calls

My new boss called me this morning, and we had a nice chat. He's eager to get started, and seems happy. Cute little story he related... after I interviewed the last time, one of the people who had to give a yes/no answer on me emailed back a one-word evaluation. "Hooray!" was all he said. :) That's nice...

The relocation service people called too, and we went over things for an hour. Apparently the company has a corporate apartment downtown (furnished) that they will provide me, starting 1/14. It has parking already and is within walking distance of the office, so that will eliminate parking issues for a while. Good. I'd rather have that than a suburban location and a commute. Ick. There'll be plenty of time for that.

But, beyond that they were very willing to slow the whole thing down until after the holidays. I will call them when we are ready to start talking to realtors, etc. And that will not happen until I have some resolution on the remaining "in-state" jobs, hopefully by the end of that first week in January. I don't want them shelling out any money on me yet if I can help it.

And oh... one of the three "in-state" jobs is dead as of yesterday. Rejection letter. This was the least exciting of the three, and no tears shed over that. Still have two half-day interviews next week with one company, and a remaining interview with the other still being scheduled, hopefully next week, too.

I need to be done with this. I know, I know... I have to let these other opportunities play out. But I already feel like moving forward with the job in hand. It's time to work again. Vacation needs to be over.

No comments:

Who links to my website?