Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Warning, slippery working conditions ahead!

Driving to KC today for a couple of days of meetings, and normally I'd be concerned about winter driving conditions. It actually looks like it will be pretty good out there in that respect. I'm more worried about the conditions I'll find when I get to the office. :(

Corporate America has struck again. New boss, new rules.

And the new rules this time involve no more working remotely. They are pulling the plug on the teleworking arrangement, and want me to work out of the KC office starting in early Feb. Yikes! Not much time to even think about all the issues involved in a non-funded relocation, much less show up there and be effective!

Guess I'll be checking out furnished rooms on Craigslist, and seeing if my NT501 professor will work with me on this out-of-town thing (class starts Thursday night.) It's too late to drop the class, so... I'm stuck. In more ways than one. :(

More to come on this all-too-familiar predicament. Yuk.

No comments:

Who links to my website?