Wednesday, January 20, 2010

If you gotta go...

... you may as well pick where, right?

Given that my current company thinks I should relocate to KC, and I ... don't think so ... it would behoove me to see if there are alternatives, yes?

With the help of my trusty recruiter friend, one interview (phone-screen AND in-person) is under my belt. Thanks, Martin Luther King, Jr., for a very handy day off! At this point, I'll keep the precise locations visited to myself, but for now, let's just say it's a picturesque smaller city in the upper Midwest.

Using a kitchen metaphor, it's nice to have one opportunity in the oven and cooking, while I look at others. Having been through this many times before, the "cook time" varies widely, and only rarely do you have multiple dishes ready to be served simultaneously. Also, it's rare that you have more food than you need at the end. Many of the recipes don't turn out at all, or are missing ingredients, etc.

In the meantime, the paycheck is still coming, though for how much longer... who knows?

No comments:

Who links to my website?