Sunday, January 31, 2010

One week left

... of employment. It's an odd mixture of relief, fear, loss and calm.

Since my business unit got sold off last Fall, the fit for me in the new role has not been the best. It's felt awkward, so there's some relief there that the square peg / round hole thing is almost over.

The fear part and loss part are probably obvious, right? :(

But the calm part is different - and good. Last time, I needed intervention on several fronts to deal with the fear and loss, just to be able to hang on. Now, not so much. I have a quiet confidence in God's providential grace toward me, and am able to rest in that pretty well. :)

It helps to have been through this a few times, and to have seen God's hand at work in getting me through it and out the other side. Plus, having an end in sight to the Master's degree program helps as well. One more job, a few more years, and...
I can kiss corporate america goodbye.



Maybe I'll skip the kiss part.

1 comment:

Future Urban Planner said...

Nice to hear that the Spirit is moving through you.

Who links to my website?