Sunday, June 28, 2009

Preach it, brother!

Okay, then... if you insist... I will. :)

The pastor at EnCompass church will be taking some time off in August, and a few of us from the congregation are going to take turns filling his "pulpit" (which is actually just a bar stool and a music stand, but you get the general idea..)

I get to lead off on August 2, and also get to pretty much pick my own topic, within the loose confines of a general series of how each of us relate to God. So, I thought "hey! why not make use of my summer school course?"

Hey, indeed. The pastor and the Sunday morning program person bought the idea, so in about a month yours truly will be waxing eloquent (maybe...) on the topic of God as a relational being, and what that implies about change in an unchanging God.

Now if I can just get my prof to let me substitute prepping for (and preaching) a sermon, in place of that last comprehensive research paper, I'll be golden. :)

Of course, there's the small matter of what the heck I'll actually say.

1 comment:

Future Urban Planner said...

That sounds great. Can't wait to hear what you come up with. If you like- you are welcome to borrow my 3 s's of the nature of God- you know- bullet points ;-)
God is sovereign, God sanctifies us, and God sustains us (partially due to and through His other attributes). Whatever you do, it'll be great! loves, J1

Who links to my website?