Sunday, January 25, 2009

Those who presume to teach others

... will be held to a greater standard. (James 3:1)

Today I teach a class on serving others. The key verse is

"They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more. Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow." (Jeremiah 31:12-13)

And we'll discuss the who, what, when, where, why, and how of serving, so that we can turn people's mourning to gladness.

Every time I do something like this, even though I feel like God has shown me a little something to say about it, I am aware of how much I fall short of the ideal - how much I COULD be doing... and don't.

There are so many needs...

No comments:

Who links to my website?