Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Teleworking in a cold snap

...is a marvelous thing!  :)

I haven't left the house for 3 days, and I don't care.  Who wants to?

Oh, I do feel kind of bad for those (yes, incl. D) who have to venture out to work or school, but... not so bad that I want to voluntarily share the experience of water vapor from your breath causing your nostril hairs to moisten up and freeze solid, only to melt and drip down your lip when you go inside. Not cool.  It makes one look, um.. unintentionally dishabille, if you follow me.

Not that I can avoid this forever, either.  Tomorrow I hop in the car and head a few hours to the southeast in order to be poked, sampled, and scolded (probably!) by my endocrine doc.  Looks like I'll both drive there & arrive in the deep freeze, although by the time I head home, it should be warming up.  Outside, anyway...

I'll bring HS501 reading material, of course.  But maybe also go see a movie.  Something warm like "Slumdog Millionaire", perhaps.  

Maybe then I'll be less conscious of the chill in the air.


No comments:

Who links to my website?