Monday, January 26, 2009

Lonesome Town

Heading south again for a few days; business meetings and talking heads (mine included.) It'll be about 20 degrees warmer, yes, but.. not in the restaurant. Not in the lounge. Not in the hotel room.

Every time I travel alone, a couple of songs get stuck in my head, and I have to push them out with borrowed CDs to review. :) The songs are Ricky Nelson's "Lonesome Town", and Jack Jones singing "Dear Heart" ("a single room... a table for one... it's a lonesome town, alright.")

So, I'll be trying to focus on Weezer, The Verve, Adele and Ratatat instead. Maybe that'll help.

See you at week's end - with reviews.

1 comment:

Future Urban Planner said...

Hmm, I'd also recommend Felix & the Buzz Cats, Gnarls Barkley, Keeley Hunt, & Daft Punk's Discovery album, the Beach Boys & Dean Martin-1 playlist- set on shuffle for guaranteed smiles.

Hmm, that's probably all we can mutually agree on for "bouncy" music ;-) Safe travels! Luv, J1

Who links to my website?