Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Night lights

Extra lights seem so appropriate at this time of year. The nights are so long, and it's so cold. Even if the lights don't provide any real heat, they do provide warmth. :) To the spirit, anyway. And speaking of lights and spirits...



We went to the Dakota Jazz Club for the CD release party for Christine Rosholt, a local jazz diva. Cute and energetic, but a bit shy of the mark in both pitch control and stage patter. I'll see if I can find her used at Cheapo instead of new retail. ;)



Still, it's a favorite club now, and my French Fries a'la béarnaise were great as usual, as was D's squash bisque. The Hogue Columbia Valley Late Harvest Reisling dealt well with both, as well as with the desserts (maple cornbread pudding and apple/cranberry crisp with candied ginger. Oof.)

The club is just across from the big Target store in downtown, and even the store logo on the way to the parking ramp looked festive! :)



And more of the same to come this weekend, with J1 in town for a few days! Fun! Daddy-O & Kitten, bright lights, big city. ;)

Then the next night: a different kind of night lights. The kind you put on the tree; festive in a whole different way! :) It's so fun to dig out the ornaments and try to figure out where this one came from, etc. And getting new ones each year mean that some old ones have to go! The tree is only so big, you know.

Some "keep or toss" decisions are easy, but then there are some ornaments that don't look like much, are really simple, but... oh... you'd never, ever part with. Never. Can you spot one here? :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bob,

Thanks for coming to the Dakota the other night. I hope you will give me another try, I was trying very hard to mask the worst cold I have ever had and I did not pick up the new CD until 3:30 that day! Needless to say I was very stressed out.

Happy holidays,

Christine Rosholt

Bill said...

Fair enough. :) Let me know when you are coming back to the Dakota (or elsewhere in town) and I'll come see you. Promise.

P.S. more Blossom Dearie. ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Bob,

FYI: I'll be a the Dakota again on Monday, February 2, 2009 7:00 - 9:00. Hopefully I won't be sick this time! FYI: All my gigs are listed on my website. Link below.


christine rosholt
vocalist/entertainer
p.o. box 580588
minneapolis, mn 55458
612.379.0045
christine@visi.com
http://www.christinerosholt.net
http://www.myspace.com/christinerosholt

Who links to my website?