Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Accommodations

Last night was the first time I used crutches in public (and, I hope, the last.) So I happily took advantage of every available accommodation:


dropped off at the curb,

rode the elevator with the other gimps,

sat in the section for those with "special needs",

had help from the ushers,

let people open doors,

etc, etc.



The concert was terrific. :)

Harry Connick, Jr. is as smooth and hip as ever, and quite the showman. His Christmas tunes swung with his 11-piece band, but he was at his best on the 100-year-old upright grand, pounding out barrel-house blues along with a bass and a horn.

The man just IS New Orleans. :)

And weren't his sets pretty?





Love the theatre district here. Such great venues.

And it was even more fun than watching the Packers get effectively knocked out of playoff contention two days earlier. ;) Even though Lambeau is also a great venue. Wonderful seats (and good company.)



And of course, at the Orpheum you can't get a "missing man" flyover on the last notes of the national anthem. That's pretty cool.



So at least I was able to sandwich the surgery between two fun things! Makes it easier to take; not to mention memorable for something other than the pain.

And one more thing. I came back to work this morning mostly coherent, and ... what do you know? I have a new boss! (You'd think they could accommodate my temporary disability and wait until I wake up before they rearrange the furniture. But ha.. the front-line workers are rarely consulted on these matters, so just as well that I slept through it.)

That'll teach me to go into the hospital.

No comments:

Who links to my website?