Wednesday, March 26, 2008

They Say It's Spring

and it sort of looks like it. Sort of.

There is grass poking out from under the remaining snow. The sun was warm on my face on a walk around the neighborhood tonight while dinner was cooking. The gardens have little shoots coming up in yellow-green and red. There is a pot of daffodils on the dining table.
They say it's Spring.

But then again, they say... it's going to snow tomorrow, and turn colder again. Yeah.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's better to not look for Spring on the outside, but.. in the heart. :)

I've always liked these stanzas from a Blossom Dearie song. There's other ways to look at Spring.



They say it's spring
Those bells that I can hear ringing
It may be spring
But when the robins stop singing
You're what I'm clinging to
Though they say it's spring
It's you

If poets sing
That when a heart's sympathetic
It's merely spring
Then poets plights are pathetic
Though I'm poetic too

They say it's spring
For lovers, there's where the lure is
That evil thing
For which September the cure is
This, they are sure is true

Though I know
That it's so
That my fancy may turn in the spring

With the right
One in sight
One can find a perpetual thing

Darling I thought we knew
That it wasn't spring
'Twas you

No comments:

Who links to my website?