Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gerta und Brunhilda, meine Spafrauen

.. actually Martha and Lorraine, but they *should* have been named Gerta and Brunhilda.
 
The manicurist/pedicurist was named Martha, and I asked her about how uncommon her name is.  She responded in some kind of Eastern European accent that it's not so uncommon in Europe, but it does seem that way here.  She was nice.  Friendly, soft-spoken, dark hair, 40ish, built slight, with long, practiced fingers. 
 
Boy, the hands look better now.  Much more professional looking.  But wow - what she did with those sore feet!  I quite forgot that I had been wearing uncomfortable dress shoes for three days.  Sat in a great massage chair while soaking in a foot-sized whirlpool.  Pretty soon she had some kind of purple sea salt thing working, and put some clear goop on the heels and sides.  They she hauled out this great big file and began sawing away on my heels and - holy cow!  The skin was flying off in big hunks and I thought "Woah!  Hang on here - save me a little!"  But I guess this is normal, from what she said.  It was just a little scary there for a minute.  I was expecting blood to flow soon..
 
Then the deep-tissue massage.  Wowowowowow.  This was really swell.  :)  Lorraine was diminutive but husky, and was either north of 60 or she's lived a hard life.  ;)  For someone so little she could sure pack a punch to my back.  Ay ay ay!  They don't call it deep tissue for nothing.  Once in a while I yelped out loud, it hurt so much.  But in a good way.  :) 
 
Quite discreet, the whole business.  I was covered decently the whole time, and there was nothing improper about it.  Very sensual, yes, but not.. erotic.  Not at all. 
 
Apparently body hair didn't bother her.  I asked and she said.. oh, this is nothing.  Yes, men are like dogs, but.. with some it's more of a literal thing - all that fur!  :)  Okay, then.
 
Afterwards, I was worn out.  Not the kind of worn out that you get after a workout.  Nor like being worn out after having the flu, either. Or after having sex, or after being in a fight.  Completely different kind of worn-out feeling; one that was - theraputic.  I could hardly move, but it was great!  :)
 
If it wasn't for the price, I could really get used to this.  :)  Glad all of it was complimentary.  

That massaged my concience along with my back.  ;)

 

No comments:

Who links to my website?