Friday, August 10, 2007

Good news and ... no news. Is that bad news?

No word back today from the little company in Southern WI. Pooh. I was hoping they'd be wanting to set up an in-person visit. Yeah, the CEO just got back yesterday from 8 days away, so I'm sure he's got other priorities. But I emailed this morning to just check in.. was hoping for at least a grunt. :(

And I was supposed to talk with the hiring manager for the telecommuter job sometime this week, too, just to get a better feel for the details of the job, and his expectations for travel, initial priorities, etc. Pam the recruiter was trying to get a call scheduled, but.. no soap.

So is no news bad news? on either front? I'm feeling neglected. :(

In the good news department, no offer will be forthcoming from Central Wisconsin. Yay! :) I didn't want to have to consider that one anyway, given there's no seminary there for me to continue grad school. Whew!

Also good news: I don't have to make dinner tonight! Yay! :) Not that I've minded - I've enjoyed it. Some might say enjoyed it a little *too* much. ;) But, the reason that's good news is that D got her first paycheck today. Yay! :) So we go out for the first time in about 6 weeks. Dinner at Baker's Square and then The Bourne Ultimatum. :)

Tomorrow, Mass at a new place. Anybody ever heard of a St. Odilia? Pretty obscure, but I suppose it's a challenge to name Catholic parishes after a while without resorting to Roman numerals (St. John IX, Immaculate Heart of Mary IV, Corpus Christi III, etc.)

More on that later, in my usual post with observations and impressions of church for the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since when did you become Catholic?

Bill said...

Haven't yet. :)

Still an Evangelical (currently a Scandinavian strain of Baptist), but more aware than ever of my lack of fit with the current cultural expression of that approach to faith.

So.. just exploring alternatives. And what better way to explore than both to research the doctrine, and to observe the practice of it first hand?

Anonymous said...

It's a little disturbing to hear you focus so much on the external trappings of each faith, and never on the DOCTRINAL differences between them. I'm sure that's on your mind somewhere, since you are in seminary, but 'cultural expressions of faith' should never replace an individual's personal search for truth and meaning. And if you find the most truth and meaning in a church whose 'cultural expressions of faith' seem lacking, work to change that church from the inside.

Now if you are just out there exposing yourself to ideas that you might want to take back to said church... well, then that wasn't clear in the blog.

Bill said...

Point well taken.

This probably deserves a blogpost all of its own to expand what I mean.

I'll chew on it.

Thanks.

Who links to my website?