Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Account number, please?

Some HR person (from the firm with a verbal offer on the table) called to ask a bunch of questions about my home office space.

Is it ergonomically correct? (I don't know.. my back gets stiff now and then. Is this a sign?)

Is your internet DSL or cable? (cable)

Is your phone bundled with the internet? (yup)

What's the vendor's name? (Comcast)

The name on the account and the number? (hey... aren't we getting a little personal? You haven't sent me a written offer yet, and I haven't accepted! Gee.. it's like asking a girl for her underwear size when you haven't even... you know?? Fresh!!!)

What kind of equipment do you need? (you mean besides a windows-based computer? Um... gee, what do *you* think I should have? I'd kind of like to have a web-cam for video conferencing. That'd be fun.)

There's some person who handles all that stuff who will contact me with procedures. Apparently my first day will be in Kansas City and I will have a trunk full of equipment to haul back with me, so I guess I'll be driving. :) If I accept! Let's all just remember that..

Well, anyway, I guess by middle of next week they should have the offer out to me.

In the meantime the HR guy from Southcentral WI emailed and said "back in the office Tuesday - president is back on Thursday - we'll be in touch sometime this week." Okay.. don't drag your feet here.. I have an offer coming! Supposedly.

Nothing back from Central WI yet. Not that I'm expecting anything from them.

The seminary called - orientation for Fall is coming up, and a packet is en route to me re: books, parking, etc. :) Yay! Systematic Theology I on Tuesday nights. Woo.

Until then, I start another Math class as an adjunct professor tonight. It should wrap up the week before my Seminary classes start. The final exam for my Monday night students is next week, then done with that. After this new one, then no teaching until Winter - if I even have the capacity then. At this point I have no idea how demanding my grad school class will be. Hope it's not too reading-heavy, but more writing-heavy. I like writing. Can you tell? ;)

No comments:

Who links to my website?