Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fair is fair

Finally! The written offer letter arrived this morning - I have until 9/6 to accept. I um... doubt it will take me that long. :)

They offer a complete teleworker office setup - desk, chair, cabinets, shelves, the whole bit, that I can order from a catalog. They pay for a dedicated phone line and for the high-speed internet hookup, too. I really have very little out of pocket to get started. And the terms are as expected, fair all the way around. Pay is reasonable, benefits seem good, I have to travel as needed for "face time", be available during certain working hours, etc. Seems fair. They even raised my vacation to 4 weeks without being asked, prorated for the rest of this year. *Very* fair.

Whew. I can breathe. :)

Now I just have to learn how to manage my time well without putting on a shirt and tie and driving to an office.


On another subject, the State Fair was.. more than fair. It was nice! Quite a bit bigger, cleaner and nicer than my former home state.

Some representative pictoral highlights follow.












No comments:

Who links to my website?