Friday, August 31, 2007

Drug test a drug.. bust?

So when you get a job offer, they give you 72 hours to get a drug test done. This is normal procedure.

What's not normal is that they send you to the wrong clinic.

The cover letter says "call this 800 number to find the testing lab nearest you." Okay. I call, and sure.. there's one about 4 miles away, no appointment necessary. So I just drop in. Problem is.. the chain of custody form they sent me with the offer is for a competing lab to the one the 800 number gave me. They can't use their competitor's form. They don't even have an account with the hiring company! Huh?

So I call the person whose name is on the cover letter. She's out. I leave a message. Then I call the person whose name is on the bad form. She's out. I leave a message. I begin to see a disturbing pattern emerge. So I call the person in HR who is in charge of the whole recruitment process. She's in meetings until 2, leaving the office at 3:30. I leave a message. 3:45, 4:00.. no call back.

So I call my recruiter to tell her that I will most assuredly miss the window for taking my drug test, since it's Friday, and the 72 hours is up Sunday night, not to mention that it's Labor Day weekend. No doubt I will be fired before I even start. Does she have any bright ideas? Alas, my recruiter is out, along with the rest of the free world. I leave a message. The message goes something like this:

AAAAAAAAH!

Later, the recruiter calls and says, don't worry about it. I'll call the HR lady Tuesday AM - it's their fault, they'll fix it. Relax, have a nice weekend. Okay, okay..

I felt better after I made Shrimp de Jonghe for dinner. Wowzers. Tasty! I'll make that again. :) Maybe with a bit less butter.

Oh yeah, and before I forget.. J2 & friends helped J1 load her stuff on the moving truck today, and it left for California. :( She and devil-dog follow it on Wednesday.

Bye-bye, Kitten.. I'll miss you. And you be a good boy for her, buddy. :(

No comments:

Who links to my website?