Saturday, May 29, 2010

Final weekend of unemployment!

And it should be a holiday weekend, darn it! I'm celebrating, anyhow. (being employed, that is!) Hopefully the next celebration will be for selling the house!

As of this minute, I'm on my way to spend time with a bunch of family this weekend in the Badger State. My car has the back seat full of stuff, including the first week's worth of clothing (dress shoes - yuk!)
I then leave from the Badger State on Monday to head to the Hawkeye State, beginning work there on Tuesday, God be praised [crosses self]. :)

Next weekend, I make a speed run back to the North Star State to grab more stuff (including my trusty iMac) and host a (last?) three-track party, before heading back for a two-week stint at the job.

Note to self: stop at Trader Joe's at every opportunity (since there are none in my new state. :( Thankfully, I have located 5 different places to get Caribou Coffee, though. mmm.)

So, computerless for now, not much will be posted here until I get a chance to settle in, work a couple of days, and then jot down a few impressions. Until then, I'm crossing my fingers on the working conditions, and looking forward to that first paycheck...

Hasta luego, web-compadres. I'm heading out.

No comments:

Who links to my website?