Saturday, May 08, 2010

Any Offer is a Good Offer

Really.

(well, within reason)

And the first offer of this particular job search cycle has landed! Yay! If I bite on it, with their proposed start date of June 1, it will mean this stretch of job hunting will have gone 18 weeks. Another personal record for length. But maybe one that will never be threatened again. :)

It might not be exactly the terms that I was carrying around in my head which would've produced an automatic "Sure! When can I start?" response, but... it's not an affront to my self-esteem, either. It's.. worth serious consideration.

Of course, it would be an easier decision if 1) the pay was higher, 2) the job was more glamorous, and 3) I had nothing else in the pipeline to consider.

But, it also has its plusses: 1) the cost of living is lower there, 2) it's not a great professional risk, and 3) it's not too far from loved ones of all sorts.

At first blush, it's looking good. The next few days will tell, as I negotiate with recruiters, and they in turn negotiate with various employers (East Coast, West Coast, and Midwest) on my behalf to see what can be expedited or improved.

I think we're close...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the offer. I'll be interested to see what your decision is.

Who links to my website?