Saturday, February 07, 2009

Salmonella

... it's not just for carnivores anymore.

Now that it's in peanut paste, vegans can have it, too!

But - that doesn't deter me from making a vegan African peanut & sweet potato soup today. Mmm... I had it once before, some years ago, and haven't forgotten the experience. :) I doubt that I'll be able to duplicate it, but it'll be nice to try.

Our church is organizing some informal lunch gatherings at people's houses, and kind of randomly assigning people to hosts. We are hosting one tomorrow, and both D and I are making a soup for it. One traditional and one exotic. Guess whose is whose? ;) So with two cooks needing to take over the kitchen, I will go first.

And no, no industrial PCA peanut paste in my recipe. Just old reliable Skippy and Planters consumer goods.

Now... where's my ginger?

No comments:

Who links to my website?