Saturday, February 28, 2009

Euro Marriage?

Since my post on the relationship of government to marriage, I find that the topic has hit "Dear Abby", so it must be mainstream now. ;)

A few days ago she posted a column in which she talked about the European manner of going to the courthouse for a licensed civil union, and then going to church for a religious ceremony. I hadn't realized I was soooo Continental in my thinking. :P

Anyway, in that column, she got support from religious folk, from "mainliners" to "Bible-believers", and in the column from the previous day, she got support from the, um ... how does it go again? ... the "GLBT community".

Hm. Maybe this is an issue where there really CAN be common ground, instead of angry shouting and sign-waving.

No comments:

Who links to my website?