Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wonder and Dismay

...together. It's an odd combination.

This morning it was prompted by waking to newly fallen snow.



The thoughts alternate back and forth, like this:

"Oh, my!"

"It's too soon!"

"Look how much fell..."

"It can't last."

"Looks fluffy." :)

"I'll bet it's wet, though." :(

"So beautiful on the trees - I love it like that."

"There's still leaves to rake underneath!"

And so it goes. Thrilled with the fresh newness of the white surprise in the yard and on the deck, but not in the least bit ready for the long siege of winter to begin constraining my movements.



Still, I suppose, here it is, double digit dates in November; one has to expect this now, but be confident it will melt. It's not quite time to put away that lawnmower yet; one more pass around the yard, I bet.

But, just as in this season of politics, maybe it is time to acknowledge that there is a change coming. Might as well start getting used to it, and adapting. ;) So as a sort of "compromise position", I think I'll get the shovel out and put it on the deck. I still want to grill out! :)





Oh, and... with all this dull duochromatic white over brown outside, I thought about digging up some other color combinations. Ones I like a little better. :)

So here's a little something I "stumbled upon" while trolling the web. It lets you find images according to color. Oh, the possibilities for screensavers in my favorite shades! For example, here's one I found there with one of my best loved color combinations:





Awww... yeah. That's what I like. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?