Sunday, November 09, 2008

Two weeks left

...to finish my last assignment in BT501 - Hermeneutics. Got a B+ on my first assignment, turned in the 2nd yesterday, a fairly easy paper of personal reflections on how the class material has impacted my life - most of which I took from blog posts previously made here.

See? I try out my ideas on you first. :) Don't you feel special?

Now I have until the 23rd to finish my "scholarly" exegesis paper on 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 (assigned by random draw.)

This one will be a doozy. I have about an inch of research papers to read and interact with, as well as with the text itself, plus Biblical encyclopedias and dictionaries.

What complicates it more is: the Evangelical church we go to asked if I (along with two other people) would help out in handling 1/3 of the sermon for Sunday the 23rd. Hm. Sure, I guess.

Gosh, I haven't gotten into the pulpit to "preach" for oh.. maybe four years. Why am I called on now, I wonder? Hm.

Well whatever the reason, I'll give it a go. And in this case, the passage was also given to me: The Gospel of John, Ch. 10. I get the first 6 verses to address.

But I think I may just... use analogies and tell stories. :) As I recall, Jesus told a few of those. They call them parables. ;)

So I have a bit of prep to do, and some serious immersion in the Scripture between now and then. Good thing I'd planned on taking a few days of vacation right before the 23rd.

I know how I'll be spending them now.

No comments:

Who links to my website?