Sunday, November 02, 2008

Thanks, I needed that.

I was kinda down this last week, after coming back from my retreat weekend. :( Just one too many issues in the heart to deal with.

So I was not in the best frame of mind for coming up on a birthday and thinking about embarking on another year of life like this last one. (well... it could have been worse, I guess. I was employed!)

But Friday night, D surprised me with tickets to The Producers at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, and it was a swell time together. :) Happy Birthday me! The orange roughy was done nicely, the Hogue Gewurztraminer paired well with both that and the appetizer (brie/spanakopita/artichoke dip/fruit). And the carrot cake for two at intermission... ooof. Plus the show was marvelous. Thanks, dear. I loved the whole night. :D

Then last night, book in hand for in between sets, I went to the Swing State Voter Awareness Tour of the Beastie Boys and Ben Harper. Woah. I, um... was sort of ready for this, but... not completely. ;)

The "not completely" part mostly involved the openers, Tenacious D. Holy moly. Jack Black and some guy doing "mock rock", and Yikes! Pretty, um... crazy stuff. Well, more on that concert in the Appendix to this post, for those of you who are interested.

This morning I got to do some dramatic reading in church, which is always fun. I like using my voice to create an effect. Sometimes it actually accomplishes something (but not always what I want it to!)

And tomorrow night, I take an introductory class on "how to play blues piano" (a skill I'd like to acquire, against the time when my voice finally gives out.)

So I wound up having a verrrry artsy long birthday weekend.

And a better attitude going into this week. :)

Plus, I actually found a neighbor who is going to tailgate with me at the polls on Tuesday! Yay! I'll have my red and blue Tootsie Pops ready to give out to the kiddies tagging along with Mom as she votes.

It'll sort of be my exit polling strategy. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

birthday? fun! happy birthday!

I enjoyed this post... artsy, indeed, and even the neighborhood voting sounds like much fun

Who links to my website?