Monday, November 03, 2008

Meniscus Tear

Stupid bathroom door. :(

You'll recall that the last time I was in KC, my left knee was struck by the edge of a door that opened unexpectedly. Workers Compensation. X-rays had been clear, but it was sore and just didn't feel... right.

MRI results came back and there is a tear in the meniscus (though not in the ligaments), and some minor swelling and cartilage damage. I can still run on it (as I did today), which is good. But it won't heal very well that way.

So, next stop is the orthopedist for a 2nd opinion, and, if indicated, arthroscopic surgery to repair the tear and clean up the cartilage. Fortunately it's a quick recovery time and then it's back to normal.

I knew there was something wrong inside. I could feel it. Now I know that hitting the door actually did some damage, and it isn't just an aging thing.

There's some consolation in that, anyhow.

I guess.

No comments:

Who links to my website?