Thursday, April 19, 2007

You know youthful manhood has passed...

when you cut yourself shaving, and its... your earlobe.

I remember cutting myself weekly in my 20s, as I perfected the art of shaving and got to know intimately every contour of my face. So okay, I guess I have a few new contours to learn now, as hair grows where it never has before (and in my opinion has no business growing...)

Sorry, God, but this is one of the aspects of physiology that makes me question the intelligence of this particular design I live with daily. What possible purpose is there to ear/nose/back hair that should cause it to flourish starting in mid-life? And before you tell me that it's an effect of The Fall of Man from Grace, the Scripture clearly teaches that it's the *ground* that was cursed to bring forth thistles and weeds, NOT MY EARS!

Now I'm walking around with a bandaid on my ear and if anyone asks, I'll just have to tell them that the piercing got infected. It'll sound like a young man's problem. ;)

But! I have a new young assistant as of today. :) Work-wife, as I call her, agreed by email yesterday (complete with little smiley emoticons) to come work for me. Soon she'll sit across the cubicle wall from me and I'll be able to hear her talk to her work-husband across the aisle from me all day long! How fun!

I bought a fan to generate some white noise. I think I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Who links to my website?