Thursday, April 12, 2007

A 10!

The house inspector came through Tuesday - he said the new house is "a 10"! :) So, nothing of import to fix before occupancy. Yay!

The only things to really do now are to:

extend the hardwoods up and down the two half-flights of stairs and up into the living room,

take up the carpet in the family room (which will become "the lounge"!),

use the carpet from living and family rooms to replace older carpets in a couple of other bedrooms,

paint a couple of rooms (the lounge being one, of course), and some ceiling beams in the kitchen,

and replace old wrought iron railing and lighting fixtures in the dining/living room areas with something much more modern. :)

And all this... I get to do in the 10 days between closing and when the moving van arrives. Oh boy!

And in the meantime, on the work front, my first hire? isn't yet. :( She's being coy. The hiring process always reminds me so much of dating. And grrr... coyness drives me nuts! Always has. Directness is so much better. :)

I've never liked waiting and wondering.. I mean, if you already know what you're thinking.. what's wrong with being straightforward??

No comments:

Who links to my website?