Friday, February 10, 2006

Another week in the books

The end of my fourth week on the new job ends with an afternoon-long meeting on a favorite topic of mine, Workers Compensation - something I actually know a little about.

Seems like I have been contributing around here, definitely, but it's been mostly by meeting and connecting people with other people and getting them involved in things that I think they should know more about. Which, for an introvert, is really saying something! No wonder I'm tired... all these people wear me out! :)

But, both Rug and Alpaca asked me yesterday to think about the organizational structure in my area, and not just mine but also Wally's (Wally is my counterpart in a technical support area - we are supposed to be partners in getting useful information out of the claim department and into the businesses' hands.) So, after 4 weeks, they actually want my opinion on something. Now if only I had one! I don't, yet.

My permanent office space is now set - I'll move in at the end of the month. Yay! Four hard walls, a door, a conference table, and... no windows!!! Yes! Not to mention it's cold in there. Mmmmm...

I found some nice artwork to hang, just "borrowed" (legitimately) from other walls in the building. Plus Alpaca gave me a poster of the downtown skyline that I'm going to go get framed this weekend, before the Nor'easter blows in on Saturday night.

Looks like 9 inches of heavy, wet snow will fall from 5PM Saturday until 3PM Sunday. So I will run all my errands tonight and tomorrow before 5 (movie, art museum, groceries.) Then, I can curl up with a book, some good wine, and the occasional surfing of the 'net. Oh, yeah - the Olympics are on! So there's that, too.

And for once no real estate to explore. The snowstorm makes me feel guiltless about not going to open houses Sunday afternoon! But back home... Sunday is our first open house. Hope it sells immediately and at full list price! But, of course, occupancy not before May 1st. :) Yeah. Good luck with that.

No comments:

Who links to my website?