Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Unemployment Compensation

I'm official now. I'm one of the jobless on the government dole...

Filed my first weekly claim for unemployment compensation. Oh boy! :) Finally I get a chunk of my income taxes back from this highly important and worthwhile government program which I hope they never discontinue as long as I'm working. Once I retire they can get rid of it.

I have to make two job contacts a week to continue to validate this claim. Two a week... yeah I guess I do that. Or rather, my recruiter does. And, she's still producing leads... another 3 Atlanta-based jobs, and...

Have a phone interview set up for Friday with the Chicago-based reinsurer that has the telecommuting option. The New England company is still trying to get me set up to come in one last time, but can't get the executives together yet. Who knows how long that will take?

In the meantime, foreclosure on my house is a scant 3 months away...

Oh, and did I mention I turned 50 on Monday?

Are we having fun yet?

:)

No comments:

Who links to my website?