Friday, November 04, 2005

It's Never Simple

Just got off the phone from the interview with the company in Chicago. Here's what I emailed the recruiter about it:

***************

She talked non stop... yak yak yak... :) She seemed to have no sense of the clock at all. Nice person, but unorganized and prone to tangents - at least on the phone. She admitted to two faults - disorganization and being nit-picky. She volunteered this as having been told so recently by others. :) She said to expect long hours and no time off at all from Thanksgiving through 1/15 each year!

Telecommuting did not sound like an option at all for this specific position, although it is widely used for roles where there's little need for customer interaction. Here, there's lots of deals being done, and a team environment, which really requires a person to be in their Chicago office.

She said I was overqualified for this job and that I really should have hers instead! She will talk to her direct boss, and the head of operations for her division (her dotted line boss) and see if there is someplace they could use me that would take better advantage of my background and experience.

It sounded like she is still interested, but wants to find a better fit for me than this job, which she thinks I'd get bored with quickly.

*****************

So there you have it.

But what is it that you have?

Um... a lead on another person to talk to about a potential job not yet identified. Yep. More of the same. And, still no date to fly to New England for what I hope is the final interview there. This is turning into a nice, long vacation I have here! I'd better enjoy it while I can! :)

Think positive! Please!

No comments:

Who links to my website?