Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Timing Is Everything

Well! Now there are two jobs cooking in that small city an hour or so to our West.

The recruiter called today with news that one of them to which she had just given my resume (see last post) wants me in for a preliminary, informal, informational discussion. Yeah, yeah. It's an interview! :) But, not until the week of 12/5. :(

Then a company there we had contacted a few months ago just had an opening surface. Not a challenging or exciting job, but... still in the vicinity. Top pay is about 10% less than what I was making, and we could survive that. Housing's a little cheaper there. They want me in next week for half a day's worth of real interviews.

So, if I get an offer from the New England company, it may come right as I'm having these other interviews. I wonder if I'll be forced to respond to one before I know enough about the others... It's like that old joke where the reporter is interviewing a famous comedian and asks him:

"What's the key to successful comedy? What is it that really makes a joke work? You know, the most important..." "Timing!" "...thing about... Oh... ha! Yeah, I get it - timing! hahahahaha"

Funny.

No comments:

Who links to my website?