Saturday, November 19, 2005

Well? Now what?

OK, a successful day in New England, I think. Good interviews all the way around, on both jobs.

I now understand what they are - it was kinda fuzzy before this. One of them is high profile, challenging, a good fit, all the stuff I'd want. Relocation is a must - to New England again. They wanted to hire me on the spot, I think, but followed protocol and I'll hear about it through my recruiter.

The other job is very much like what I've been doing the last 4 1/2 years. A field support job - a lateral move. I could walk right in and be productive, help them a lot. It's less senior, less money I'm sure. How much less, I don't know, but likely not enough to afford the change in cost of living to move to New England, which is where they want it. But, I brought up the idea of supporting the field location from here. The main regional office is in a Southwestern Chicago 'burb. There are subsidiary offices in other cities not too far away. They were skeptical, but I will tell the recruiter that I would prefer that job if it can keep us in the Midwest. We'll see how they react.

In the meantime, while I wait for reactions (which will probably take until after Thanksgiving, as in 11/28), a new job an hour & a half West of here is opening up, and the recruiter put my resume in for that. I hope to get over there within the next 10 days to interview...

The reinsurance company in Chicago... looks like they're being sold. So that one is dead. Better left alone. Still waiting to hear back from new jobs possibilities in Atlanta and North Carolina. But, probably little activity during the holiday week.

Wait, wait, wait.

No comments:

Who links to my website?