Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Here we go round and round...

The recruiter just called and said - all the job opportunities I thought I was interviewing for at the New England company that would leave me in the Midwest were resolved internally. None available at all. :(

However, the head actuary for the whole Commerical Insurance area of that company wants me in his organization. We had talked way back on my first visit about a unit he wants to build within Claim and Loss Prevention to support those areas with actuaries. That's what he wants me for, apparently. I guess it's a more senior job than anything I had interviewed for with them to this point. :)

This guy wants me back in to their New England home office for another set of talks about this job, and to meet the CFO, the head of Claims, etc. He's serious enough, apparently, to also make the recruiter suggest that this trip also double as a househunting trip for Deb and me. Which means it will be a New England based job, only, in the city where we lived before. Not in St. Paul, not in Milwaukee. We are looking at either the 2nd-4th of November, or the 9th-11th, for that trip. On one hand it's encouraging that they still want me, and for a responsible job, but discouraging that it has to be so far away from people I love. So, I should be happy... but...

And on another front... the recruiter sent my resume to yet another company in Chicago, a reinsurance firm, who would want me to work for them as a telecommuter out of my home here, going into Chicago now and then as needed. They are still interested in talking but the hiring manager has been traveling. She will follow up again Friday or Monday. So, we'll see... too early to tell if they will pursue it. But, it's always good to have a backup plan...

Now tell me... should I feel good? Or... what?

No comments:

Who links to my website?