Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Arghhhh!

This is excruciating!!!

The hiring manager for the St. Paul job has been back from Europe for 3 days now, and I expected to hear today if he's going to offer me something and what. So I send the recruiter a desperate email whining about not knowing anything yet.

She calls back and says that the guy called her last night after 7PM (which is after 8PM EDT), meaning he is working pretty late. He told her he is out of the office all day today and half of tomorrow, has his back to the wall on many fronts. Yet, he still took the time to call her. That's positive - he's still thinking about me. :)

He said she should call him Friday AM, at which time he'll have the final details of the unit structure worked out and have decided what he wants to offer me (if anything - my phrase, not his). So... I wait some more.

She thinks that Friday will not mean an offer, but rather a decision on what position the offer will be for, and the offer itself will come next week. Oh, I hope so. Next week is my last in the office and after that... I start eating into severance and have to pay for COBRA benefit continuation, etc.

Help!!! My nerves are getting to me... more drugs, more alcohol, more caffiene... no - just kidding. But it feels like that. God, grant me patience - and RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Who links to my website?