Monday, October 03, 2005

Rounding The Bases

Got a call over the weekend from the hiring manager for the St. Paul job. All the feedack from the interviews was "very good", and he's "hopeful we can work something out." Looks like I stroked a liner into the gap in right center... :) Now, the question is... how many bases will I get?

He is not yet settled on the structure he wants for this unit, and one of his current staff, a key guy, is being recruited away. If he loses him, it may mean more opportunity for me. So, I don't know yet whether they will offer me a management role or not, but it sounds pretty clear that they'll offer me something.

Now, I wait two weeks until he's back from Europe to find out what he's decided. Arghh... more waiting. It's like I'm rounding the bases and someone presses "pause". Will it be a long single, or can I stretch it to a triple? Probably not - I'm not that fast... :) I'll take a solid double, though.

No comments:

Who links to my website?