Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Safe at Home?

Hm. On the same day that I learn my final day in the office will be 10/28, get the official letter with COBRA benefits, etc., I get a call from the recruiter that there's another job she wants me to explore with a Chicago-based company. This one would report to the highest-ranking professional in my field in that company, and have the strong possibility of being a telecommuting position, with no relocation needed. They brought that up to the recruiter, not vice versa. Hm.

Apparently they do lots of telecommuting kinds of positions, have a lot of experience at it and understand how it should be done. And, that's what I asked the recruiter to research in the first place. Nothing was available at the time. How odd... So, I told her to pursue it, at least enough find out what the position is all about and show them my resume' to see if they're really interested. We'll find out.

Now, if they are, and I am... will everyone else in my life be? Or have they all gotten used to the idea of me moving away?

No comments:

Who links to my website?