Friday, October 21, 2005

Disappointment

Here's what I send to J & J today to keep them abreast of their Dad's situation...

" :(

I heard today that the job I had thought was such a good opportunity, but would require a move to St. Paul, is definitely out.

The hiring manager had thought he was going to lose a couple of key people, and did not. Now he's going to promote one to take the job I was hoping for.

He and the head actuary for the company are going to be together Monday and Tuesday at a meeting, and will talk about my situation, and see if there's a viable alternative to discuss with me. I should know about that by Wednesday afternoon.

Other than that, I have nothing else, and am unemployed as of the 28th.

Be glad you're young and just starting out… it gets tough at this stage of life. Reminds me of Eccl. 11:9 - 12:8. Pray for me if you think of it.

Love
Dad "

I have to stave off the discouragement, but really don't know how. I feel like I am being reduced to nothing, beaten into a lump, so that God can take me and make me into something, like a batch of old clay being refashioned into a new vessel. I don't like the process... will I like the result?

No comments:

Who links to my website?