Sunday, June 24, 2007

3000 years

and feelings like these are still fresh..


LORD, you are the God who saves me;
day and night I cry out to you.
May my prayer come before you;
turn your ear to my cry.

I am overwhelmed with troubles
and my life draws near to death.

I am counted among those who go down to the pit;
I am like one without strength.

I am set apart with the dead,
like the slain who lie in the grave,
whom you remember no more,
who are cut off from your care.

You have put me in the lowest pit,
in the darkest depths.

Your wrath lies heavily on me;
you have overwhelmed me with all your waves.

You have taken from me my closest friends
and have made me repulsive to them.
I am confined and cannot escape;
my eyes are dim with grief.



----- Psalm 88:1-9a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Be true to the light. Never deny it or turn your face from it, and though the darkness encompasses you and the Great Enemy tread upon your heels, your foot shall not stray from the path, nor your heart perish."

"I have loved you from the beginning and shall love you without end. I shall walk beside you. My arms shall encircle you and my hands bear you up. I cannot protect you from pain, because only through hurt and labor will you grow, but your name is before My eyes, and I shall not forget you, nor shall I leave you alone.

Rise now, my beloved, and continue your journey."

Who links to my website?