Sunday, December 27, 2009

Giving Back

...at this season of "getting".

So much of our focus is on what we want for Christmas, and not on what others need, much less how we can meet that need. This year, I even heard one of our family members (just who, I can't recall) make a Freudian slip and refer to what I "ordered" for Christmas instead of what I "asked for" for Christmas. The context was clearly one of something hoped for, but what came out was something ordered. :)

It was both funny and telling - an indication of what Christmas has become in our culture.

So it was good on Boxing Day to go with all the relatives to Feed My Starving Children and pack food boxes for malnourished youth in places like Haiti. Not to mention that it's hard to take oneself too seriously when one is wearing a hairnet. :)


No comments:

Who links to my website?