Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Decorations

Enough of the posts on pollution. It's Christmas! :)

And the Loring Pasta Bar Tuesday night was festive looking.



And festive sounding, with live music.



They even had the disco ball going. In the men's bathroom!

This is the view directly upwards from the urinal. (don't ask)



I love the bathrooms in this place. So quirky.



Like the rest of the place. :) That's its ambience. Great food, too.



So now we are all battened down and waiting for both the blizzard and the guests to arrive, the first of which guests (besides J1 who got here last week) will be J2 tonight - if his plane from Chicago gets off the tarmac where it currently sits..

Then tomorrow morning the North Carolina bunch comes in. Theoretically. We'll see if the airport is open. In the afternoon a group from Wisconsin arrive. Maybe. They're followed soon by G&G. Ideally. And finally one last brother-in-law trickles in from Utah Friday morning. We hope.

I have a feeling that my snowthrower and I will become best of friends over the next 72 hours. It better work! I need space for 3 cars, plus two in the garage! Yikes!

But for now, it's the last peaceful hours by the tree before the blizzard (and the family) arrive. Not sure which I'm more nervous about! Hmm... in the meantime, pass the um... eggnog.

No comments:

Who links to my website?