Sunday, September 13, 2009

U2 awaits!

You would think that, growing up in the late 60's / early 70's, I would've gone to a big arena rock show sometime. Nope. Growing up in a town of under 3,000 people, and going to college in cities not much larger, not once have I been to a true 10,000+ concert.

Yes, last year I went to a few shows here at local auditoriums and theaters, and many were great concerts. But with audiences of under 5,000 you can hardly call it arena rock. Heck, I've sung solos in front of over 1,000 people, so I understand this dynamic.

It's just not the same as having an entire sports stadium full of people, no empty seats, and rocking to what's on the stage. Even the Obama rally in June of 2008 was more like that..

So, tonight - it's real live outdoor arena rock like nothing else. A true superstar group, on (what I'm assuming is) one of their last big tours, in a truly enormous venue: Soldier Field in Chicago.

Crank it up, boys... it's worth the 7 hour drive. I can't wait. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?