Saturday, September 05, 2009

And they're off!

After a successful shift as volunteers at the Minnesota Grape Growers Assn's state fair booth,



followed by indulgent adventures in deep-fried consumables on the midway last night



(and some vintage classic brass blues-rock in the Leinie Lodge bandshell by Blood Sweat & Tears),



it's now time to head Southwest for rest of the Labor Day weekend.

En route to SE Wisconsin we'll experience some Shakespeare theatre, and while there visiting old haunts & old friends, take in a couple of pro baseball games to boot.

The ostensible reason for the trip is a semi-annual visit with my endocrinologist (preceded by some blood draws - oh boy, oh boy!),
but I guess if I have to drive all this way to get poked and analyzed... I might as well have fun on the way.

Pictures to follow mid-next-week. Arrivederci!

No comments:

Who links to my website?