Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall Coursework

This will be the first term where I am "doubling up" on classes. One of them is only a 2-credit class, the other one four. The two credit class is SP505, Foundations and Traditions. It's sort of a "getting your spiritual bearings while in Seminary" kind of class, meant to be taken in your very first term. I, of course, blew it off. :)

But now, there is nothing else in my list of required courses left to take that is also offered in the evening this Fall. Pfui. Guess I have to take this one now. Bleh. :( I wondered why it was only 2 credits, though, and still met just as often as 4-credit classes. And for the M.Div. students, it IS four credits. Hm. What's different for me? From an old syllabus, it looks like for the 2-credit version they just drop the research papers, but make you read everything and go to class. Okay... I guess.

And yet, I can't afford to take only two credits and still get done with my degree by May 2012, so.. I signed up for an on-line four credit course as well: GC505DE (DE for Distance Ed), Evangelism for Discipleship. Bleh. :( Hate that topic. But I'm stuck, gotta take it sometime, so... suck it up, mister. Might as well do it now.

Only problem is.. the reading load for both classes is 5 books. Each. Total ten, count 'em, ten books! Gaaaah... what did I do to myself?!? I am the slowest reader I know. Fast writer, but slow reader. Do you suppose I could just write some papers for SP505 instead of doing the reading and still get my two credits? Um... probably not. You'd have to know something to write about it, and that implies reading, so... pfui. Again.

Guess this will be a busy Fall. Good thing I have a lot of concerts built in to change the pace now and then. :)

The books for the hated evangelism topic actually look... good. Lots of stuff about post-modern thought and post-Christian culture. Rats. I really wanted to hate this class. Now I might have to like it.

1 comment:

Future Urban Planner said...

Lol. Be careful Mr. Scholar- don't let a late night concert eat into your homework time. Hmm, what did someone once ask me, "Is your homework done?""Uh. . .""Better finish it, then we'll talk!"

Of course, you could always do what I do & skate by on charm- 5 books each tho? That's brutal! Guess I better find a cute boy to help me w/ stats! ;-) -J1

Who links to my website?