Friday, October 17, 2008

Speedy delivery

well maybe not so speedy, but delivery anyway.

J2 is in an apartment now, since withdrawing from school 10/1 to sort things out for a while, and has been sleeping on a mattress "rescued" from behind a hotel. Um... the best I can say about it is that he and his new roomie (F) kicked it real well first to be sure nothing was living inside it.

Ewww. (shudder)

Furniture in the place is, shall we say, sparse? So, after work today we pile as much into the Jeep Liberty as we can stuff (dresser, chair, boxes of dishes), and head down south with supplies.

Then tomorrow a run to the local mattress store. No headboard, though, just frames. This is spartan first-apartment living (for two males, besides), so he can just make do like everybody else does when they turn 21 and make their own decisions.

(like calling home and saying: "Hey, Dad, I withdrew from school and signed a lease today!" Wait.. you WHAT??)

Suppose I can't complain. I signed my first lease without a cosigner at 19, and didn't finish my Bachelors for another 9 years. :) So, um.. never mind, son. Excuse the outburst. ;)

Okay, so after that, a trip to Goodwill for a 3 piece living room set he's got his eye on. Mmmm.. I'll bet it's really choice.

Maybe around Thanksgiving time more of his stuff can make its way south, and more again at Christmas. Eventually he'll be well stocked. At this point it looks like the job he got in retail may keep him there over the holidays, so... he may wind up playing host to us.

THAT should be interesting. :) We... may eat out.

1 comment:

Future Urban Planner said...

Carry on my wayward son!
Hey, as long as they have a stove- do they have a stove that isn't leaking gas (?!) ;-) we (as in me & thee) can wrangle up something good- just strap the ingredients to the roof of the car & we'll be good to go- I believe the duck was cooked on the range top ;-) CCurious to find out how the Charger handles the snow. . . -J1

Who links to my website?