Friday, August 01, 2008

I am in the house.

Or maybe I should say "I am into house".  As in music.  The kind that sounds like an updated version of Richard Simmons' old "Sweatin' With The Oldies" aerobic exercise stuff.  

You know... it has an incessant driving beat and some electronic noodling around on various instruments (in lieu of a recognizable melody), the occasional vocal loop, and "arrangers" with the initials DJ in front of their (normally) one-word name.  

Sort of like Moby, but longer per track and less interesting.

Picture a dark, packed room full of sweaty teenagers in various stages of drug- or emotion-induced trance, jumping up and down to said beat, strobes flashing, lasers whirling, volume levels set somewhere just below "F5 tornado."

Yeah.  I'm all over this stuff.  :)  

In the privacy of my home office, of course.

Went out to Amazon's music download page the other day and found a list of some 1000+ free tracks.  Yikes!  Good thing they didn't offer a "download all" button, or I would have made the lights dim and the A/C fuse trip off.

As it was, I picked up hours and hours of free House (Dance) music.  I sorted the list in declining order of track length, and grabbed most of them that were longer than 7 minutes.  Some were over an hour long (one continuous mix.)  

No doubt some will make it into my running playlist, depending on the bpm speed (I prefer 153), but all made my study playlist.  Woo.  This is good stuff.

Several tracks were repeated on different compilation albums (obviously popular at clubs), but imagine my surprise when some of the same tracks as on the "Hard Dance Grooves" CDs, showed up on ... you guessed it ... exercise CDs!  

Hah!  I knew it.  Richard Simmons lives!

No comments:

Who links to my website?