Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bitter Sweet

Back home again. :)

I love coming home here. It hasn't always been so, but there's something about this place, this town...

It's also bittersweet, since it was such a nice vacation. I was really looking forward to it, and it met all expectations. :)

The previous post will be updated soon with photos, too, soon as I crawl out from under everything that needs doing.. you know how this goes. In the meantime, while you are all waiting patiently for me to wax eloquent again (yeah, I know, you're not exactly holding your breath on that one), I'll share with you a little bit of verse I ran across while doing some vacation reading. It's from a Puritan saint of 375 years ago, and sums up my viewpoint in this blog a lot of the time.

Today's no different. :)



Bitter Sweet

Ah, my deare angrie Lord,
Since Thou dost love, yet strike;
Cast down, yet help afford;
Sure I will do the like.

I will complain, yet praise,
I will bewail, approve;
And all my sowre-sweet dayes
I will lament, and love.


----- George Herbert, 1633

No comments:

Who links to my website?