Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Stop the Chaos!

It feels like I'm a homeless squatter trying to sleep at building that's being rehabbed. The place was empty, but nice, when I got there. Now... it's a mess.

That's what happens when you have flooring, painting, electrical, carpentry, all going on simultaneously, and I'm functioning as the general contractor, trying to get the workers to all communicate with one another.

But even within one firm (the flooring people), they don't communicate with each other. The installers (separate ones for hardwood and carpet) and the scheduler and the account exec are not working well together. :( Much less informing the homeowner of issues that are affecting the outcome! And you'd think that four weeks of discussion might lead to the work all getting done on time. Arghh!

So, a few things will be put off until after the furniture move-in, but hopefully they'll be just little annoyances, not major aggravation. Aaaaaah! I thought that I could enjoy the sale of our house in New England for at least a day...

I think it's a lack of good sleep as well. I have less tolerance than usual when fatigued. This air mattress is not cutting it.

But, just for laughs, check out the groooooovy floor that was underneath the carpet in the den/office. Far out, man!

No comments:

Who links to my website?