Friday, May 04, 2007

Doctor, doctor, can you tell?

What will make poor Billy well?

I remember hearing that singsong rhyme growing up, and even trying to pick it out on the piano when I was little, since it's so catchy.

But in this case, my doctor is doing really well... at getting me well. :)

This week I did the required blood work and then saw her for the exam and interpretation of the results, and... yay! Such good news.

Cholesterol & triglyceride levels ideal. Better than ideal! Super.

Thyroid just right. No changes needed.

Testosterone a little high, but not much. Back off one squirt on the pump. It may help with mood volatility, too, she thinks.

Oh, and she said I shouldn't worry about throwing off lots of heat - she said it's very male, why men sleep with less on, do those silly polar bear event things, and why you see young guys barechested at winter sports events (well, it could be the beer, too.) But anyway, the more characteristic maleness, the more heat given off.

Mmmhmm, I like that answer! ;) So, in my best Barry White voice: "Ohhh, yeahhhh, baby, tell me that some more..."

My weight is down again (at an ideal pace), muscle mass up nicely. Ha - she even suggested that I revise my ideal weight goal *upward* to account for the better muscle definition.. oooh, this doctor is good for my self-esteem!

Not to mention that I'm living 700 miles closer to her now, and she won't be so hard to get to. So, no big changes to the regimen and meds, and... see you in late December, doc. Thanks for the pep talk!

Rrrrr.... may I thump my chest now?

No comments:

Who links to my website?